That may be some boast, but these are the culmination of a lot of cookie baking and even more cookie eating! These triple chocolate cookies have been tried with every permutation of chocolate, sugar, flour, butter, egg and pretty much every other ingredient!
For me (and I admit everyone is different, which is the only reason I’m not offering a guarantee!) these are perfect. They’re perfect when they just come out of the oven and the chocolate is runny and sticky and it’s like eating a cookie pudding; they’re perfect a day or two later when the cookie is fudgie and the chocolate gives a nice al dente bite!
But don’t take my word for it, try this one for yourself!
- 4¾ ounces / 70g coconut oil
- 2 ounces / 55g Trex
- 5 ounces / 130g dark soft brown sugar
- 4 ounces / 125g dark brown muscovado
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 4¼ ounces / 120g plain flour
- 4¼ ounces / 120g bread flour
- ¾ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 3½ ounces / 100g dark chocolate chunks
- 3½ ounces / 150g milk chocolate chunks
- 3½ ounces / 150g white chocolate chunks
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan) / 356°F (320°F fan).
Cream the oil, Trex and sugars in a freestanding mixer with the paddle attachment.
Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well so everything is combined.
Sift the flours, baking powder, bicarbonate and salt into a mixing bowl. Add to the sugar mixture and combine on a low-medium speed.
Add all the chocolate chunks and combine by hand.
Make large heaped tablespoon-sized balls (I get a yield of 16 cookies) and place onto 2 lined baking sheets. These have an even spread so about an inch to an inch-and-a-half or 3-4 centimetres apart should do it.
Cook for 10-12 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool.Print this Recipe