This is one of those simple pasta dishes which is full of flavour but dead easy to knock together, especially if you’ve got a food processor handy.
- 8¾ ounces / 250g pasta
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 10½ ounces / 300g chicken breast, sliced
- 12¼ ounces / 350g jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1½ ounces / 45g sundried tomatoes in oil, drained
- ½ teaspoon of chilli flakes
- handful of basil leaves, torn
Cook your pasta according to packet instructions.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the olive oil, thyme, garlic and lemon with a good amount of seasoning. Add the chicken and toss to make sure it’s fully coated.
Heat a large frying pan and add the chicken and fry for 5 minutes or so, constantly turning, until it’s cooked through.
While the chicken is frying, put the peppers, sundried tomatoes and chilli flakes into a food processor and blitz to a puree.
Once the chicken is cooked, add the red pepper puree and toss, keeping over the heat for another minute or two.
Finally, remove from the heat, drain your pasta and add to the frying pan and toss with your chicken and sauce until everything is nicely coated.
Check seasoning, sprinkle over your basil and serve.Print this Recipe
Leave a Reply